[hpsdr] firmware files

mcquate at sonic.net mcquate at sonic.net
Mon Oct 15 14:33:23 PDT 2012

The two JTAG files are "helper" files used by Metis when it is being used
to program Mercury or Penelope--so, you'll want to download all 5 files.
When Metis is being used as programmer, it will show the JTAG files on one
line of the user interface, and you'll "browse" to select the Mercury or
Penelope rbf in a different line of the user interface.

Metis first loads a JTAG file into the Mercury or Penelope FPGA, to
provide access to the Flash memory on the board.  Then Metis uses that
Flash memory capbility to load Mercury_V3.3.rbf or Penelope_V1.7.rbf into
the Flash memory chip.

73,
Dave
WA8YWQ