[hpsdr] Hermes Documentation

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Oct 26 22:37:24 PDT 2012

Hi Dick,

Just checked in the Hermes source code and these are the LED designations:

DEBUG_LED1      - Lights when an Ethernet broadcast is detected
DEBUG_LED2      - Lights when traffic to the boards MAC address is detected
DEBUG_LED3      - Lights when detect a received sequence error or ASMI is
busy
DEBUG_LED4         - Displays state of PHY negotiations - fast flash if no
Ethernet connection, slow flash if 100T and on if 1000T
DEBUG_LED5        - Lights when the PHY receives Ethernet traffic
DEBUG_LED6      - Lights when the PHY transmits Ethernet traffic
DEBUG_LED7      - Displays state of DHCP negotiations or static IP - on if
ACK, slow flash if NAK, fast flash if time out
                     and long then short flash if static IP
DEBUG_LED8      - Lights when sync (0x7F7F7F) received from PC
DEBUG_LED9      - Lights when a Metis discovery packet is received
DEBUG_LED10     - Lights when a Metis discovery packet reply is sent

73 Phil....VK6APH