[hpsdr] New Metis and Ozy code released.

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Oct 27 05:43:48 PDT 2012

Of course, Phil meant to say that Ozy V2.4 is about to be released, as he comments on that
later in his note.

You should also be advised that Metis V1.9 has the same issues that Ozy V2.3 had, and that
it, too had the RX frequency problem and the Penelope/PennyLane 122.28mhz oscillator
problem.

The 'improper rx frequency assignment' is what was causing the Alex relays to chatter so
much!  That can be 'worked around' by making sure that Full Duplex mode is selected by
making sure that 'mute RX on PTT' is NOT CHECKED in KISS Setup.

Once I have Ozy 2.4, I will add it to KISS and make sure that it is the default in the
batch file.  Edit your batch file accordingly if you want an older version.  KISS will
also, under version checking, warn about the wrong/bad versions of Metis (V1.9 and V2.0)
and of Ozy (v2.3) and require you to either disable version checking or update your
firmware.

This will be KK version 1.1.21, hopefully released later this weekend.

73,
George K9TRV