[hpsdr] Question re: RX attenuator

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Sun Oct 28 04:46:05 PDT 2012

Good point

In a message dated 10/28/2012 12:45:09 P.M. W. Europe Standard Time,
wulf at ping.net.au writes:

*****  High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****

G'day  Phil,

here are some of my arguments in support for enabling the  stepping
attenuator in Hermes:

* some premium receivers provide  0,10,20 and 30dB attenuation in the
receive path. Switching between 0dB and  20dB is like driving a Ferrari
that only has first and last gear.

*  using Hermes as a measurement receiver.

* The step attenuator is  already there, make it accessible and let
application developers and users  decide whether or not to take advantage
of this option.

73,  Berndt
VK5ABN

On Sun, 2012-10-28 at 18:57 +0800, Phil Harman  wrote:
> ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List  *****

> It would indeed be possible to implement 1dB attenuation  steps over a
31dB
> range for Hermes.  If you can construct a  *totally convincing* argument
as
> to why this is necessary then you  are in with a good chance of having it
> implemented in the future  :)

HPSDR  Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
Subscription help: