[hpsdr] Question re: RX attenuator

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Sun Oct 28 04:14:47 PDT 2012

My experience using  "large antennas" in deed is NOT to need a  high gain
PreAmp but to connect the AGC and a pre attenuator after about 40 dB  S/(S+N)
has been achieved.

The EB 500 RX is a good example how effective this can work, and yes 1 dB
steps are fine.

Ulrich

In a message dated 10/28/2012 11:57:42 A.M. W. Europe Standard Time,