[hpsdr] Question re: RX attenuator

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Oct 29 07:50:07 PDT 2012

Doug and I are currently working on a new version of PowerSDR software and Hermes firmware that allow full use of the 0-31 dB attenuator on Hermes in single dB steps.

It isn't necessary to convince us regarding the potential benefits of the option, we've always been sold on the notion.  The implementation is a simple change in the firmware but a more challenging task with regard to keeping the baseline noise level correct in the PC software.  It'll be available before long though I'm betting.

Patience, grasshopper!

73,  Joe K5SO