[hpsdr] Invalid firmware

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Oct 28 05:37:48 PDT 2012

Dear Willi,
As Phil said, this means either that the combination of firmware that you are using is NOT
a valid set (while your combination looks valid), OR you are using an older version of KK
or PowerSDR that doesn't know about that version of Metis (or Ozy).  If the software knows
about the Metis/Ozy version, and version checking is enabled, the software will ensure
that the Mercury/Penny versions are appropriate for the Metis/Ozy version.

You can bypass this by turning off version checking, something that you can do in both
PowerSDR and KISS.

Now, about PowerSDR 'versions'...  You should cite the complete 4 segment version.  Saying
V2.2.3 is NOT uniquely identifying the version.  If you use the 3-segment version, you
MUST use the 'build date' that is also likely reported.  Or else it's like reporting that
you have, say a Ford or BMW and not giving the model and year.

For example, I think that PowerSDR (single RX) is at around V2.2.3.12 or so.  You can view
the FULL version by checking the properties of the program executable.  Sometimes you can
see this also by just hovering with the mouse over the exe in Windows Explorer.

Please be aware that we are releasing Metis 2.1, which fixes certain issues that Metis 1.9
and Metis 2.0 have under some circumstances.  I think that Phil announced that yesterday.
And I think that I followed up with more details on the Metis 1.9 issues.

73,
George K9TRV