[hpsdr] Windows 8 64

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Mon Oct 29 09:20:10 PDT 2012

Setting the boot option to not check driver signatures is NOT REQUIRED when you use the
SIGNED libusb0 drivers from the OpenHPSDR website.  They may NOT be needed if you use
Metis and do not use Ozy/Magister, if using a modern version of PowerSDR.  KISS Konsole
does not have an issue with requiring libusb0 when using Ethernet to connect to Magister
or Hermes.

What works on Win7 should work on Win8, as long as it is NOT a 'surface' tablet!  Tablets
will only install apps from the windows store.  I am unaware of anyone working on an app
for the 'windows store' that would run on any 'surface' tablet.  I have no plans to do so
for KISS Konsole.

73,
George K9TRV