[hpsdr] Hermes VNA - Beta test code

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Sep 24 04:23:21 PDT 2012

To Beta Hermes board users.

There is a Beta release of the Hermes VNA code available for testing.

The code, VNA.exe, is in SVN here:

< http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Hermes/VNA >

and a draft User Guide here:

< http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Hermes/Documentation/ >

You will need to load Hermes with V1.7 of the FPGA code which is available
under Downloads on the openHPSDR.org web site. V1.8 will be available
shortly, which will be the production code installed on the TAPR boards,
so alternatively use that when available.

Thanks to Joe, K5SO, for his work on getting V1.8 ready for TAPR's
production run.

You will also need .NET V4.0 to be installed on your PC in order to run
the VNA code.

The User Guide is intended to provide sufficient information for you to
use Hermes in VNA mode.  It's not intended as a detailed introduction to a
VNA but please report any glaring omissions.

My thanks to Bill, KD5TFD, for programming assistance and a special thanks
to George, K9TRV, for his extensive code reviews and C# mentoring.

George has also produced an installer for the PC code which we will use
once the Beta testing is complete.

Please send any bug reports and/or user guide changes directly to me and
any bouquets or feature requests via the reflector :)

73 Phil....VK6APH