[hpsdr] Problems with Antenna switching in ALEX.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Sat Sep 8 02:27:41 PDT 2012

Hi all.

Recently I started to use my HPSDR setup with Mercury. Penny, OZY, Munin
and Alex filters with 3 different antennas connected. When I change bands,
the behaviour of the antenna switching is sometimes strange. If I change
 from 80 meter connected to antenna No.3 to 20 meter on antenna No.1, the
connection is still to antenna No.3. If I then select 15 meter and back to
20, antenna No.1 is correctly selected. And there can be still another
fault: Only RX has the correct antenna selected, TX is still to antenna
No.3. I have to go into Setup and click TX antenna to No.3 and back to
No.1.

I have also tried to go into setup before doing any band switching,
pressing Apply but the fault is still there.

Yesterday I also observed another problem: If I select Fwd Pwr it jumps to
Ref Pwr when I push PTT manually but if I select TUN, it stays in the
selected field. Unfortunately I forgot to test MOX.

This Transceiver is placed in my summer house and I intend to use it by
remote control when I have found out how to install John Meltons software.

I am using PSDR v.2.2.3 (3/27/12).

Have anyone seen something like this?

73, Kjell