[hpsdr] munin idle currents strange behaviour - solved

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Sat Sep 8 05:38:43 PDT 2012

Hello,

I had following situation:

after setting all idle currents according Kjell's recommendation the
output power was on
80m 50W and on all other more or less 3 W. But, when changing the idle
current during
operation I got over 100W on all bands. The curious part was, that the
idle current of each
transistor and band was different - that means asymmetrical.

The reason was that the pushpull amplifier was not driven symmetrically
with a phase shift
of 180 deg. The culprit was L2 which was wrong done. You can check it
very easy with an oszillograph
at gate T3 and T4. You need a phase shift of 180 deg.

Now on all bands I get enough power easily. The measurements will follow
soon.

73, georg, dl2kp