[hpsdr] How is the VNA project?

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Sep 9 17:44:39 PDT 2012

Hi Maximo,

Thanks for your question. The VNA project is going well and I am working
on having a Beta version of the software for release this week.

George is quite correct in that I used the KISS Konsole code as the basis
for the PC VNA code. At the moment it's a stand alone application but I am
aware that, once proven, others have plans to implement a VNA feature in
their SDR software.

At the moment the VNA software supports Hermes since ensuring phase
coherence of the Tx and Rx signals was very easy.  It may be possible to
use Hermes and Penny as a VNA but I've not yet tested that.

73 Phil...VK6APH