[hpsdr] USB Blaster.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Tue Apr 23 02:45:11 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I have a vague recollection that this has come up before, so I apologise if
this is merely noise.  Having done a reinstall of Windows 7, I decided to
update my Mercury POF file to version 3.3.  In the back of my mind I had the
feeling that we'd been warned off using the latest Altera Quartus software,
and so downloaded version 11.1 SP2. Try as I may I could not get the
software to find USB Blaster in its hardware setup, and so Googled the
problem. Low and behold it seems that the version I downloaded is the one
with the problem, and so I downloaded the latest version which is 12.1 SP1,
and with that was able to update the Mercury firmware to version 3.3.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.