[hpsdr] Penelope + Munin + AL-811H Advice.

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Fri Aug 2 16:23:39 PDT 2013

I recently acquired an AL-811H amplifier and would like to hook it up to
my existing Atlas based HPSDR - namely Penelope + Munin.  I'd appreciate
some advice on setting up this configuration.

I'm already using the PTT outputs on Penny to put Munin into TX. I'm
assuming I need to use one of the Open Collector outputs to key the
AL-811H.  I see there are some timing options in PowerSDR so I'm
guessing I need to and can, in fact, sequence the keying of both amps?
My assumption is that I want the AL-811H to got to TX first, then Munin
go to TX, then Penelope to generate RF (and presumably the reverse
sequence when going back to RX?

Please let me know if I have this concept right and if PowerSDR supports
this type of sequencing.

I'd also be interested in any other tips regarding using HPSDR with this
amp setup.

Thanks,

Pete, N3EVL