[hpsdr] Hermes J16 breakout board

John Ackermann jra at febo.com
Sat Aug 3 11:30:04 PDT 2013

Yesterday I mentioned that I was working on a breakout board to access
the commonly-used signals on Hermes J16.  I now have a first-draft
schematic and board layout finished -- you can take a look at
http://www.febo.com/pages/hpsdr/hermes_breakout/index.html

The board is about 1.25 x 1.5 inches and has five 3.5mm jacks providing
access to the right speaker, headphone, line out, line in, and
PTT_IN/PTT_OUT.  There are also holes to mount two 10 pin headers, one
of which provides the seven open-collector outputs and related signals,
while the other provides additional copies of the PTT_IN and PTT_OUT
signals (in simple parallel).

I'm planning to do a single run of bare boards and am willing to make it
a group purchase.  If you're interested, contact me off-list (if you
already got in touch with me, no need to do so again).  I'd like to get
the order placed in the next week or so.

And if anyone sees errors in the wiring, layout, or concept, please let
me know!

John