[hpsdr] Hermes J16 breakout board

John Ackermann jra at febo.com
Sun Aug 4 12:55:53 PDT 2013

Based on some excellent feedback, I've revised the design a bit to allow:

1.  Jumpers JP1 and JP2 let each of tip and ring on the PTT jack to go
to either PTT-IN or PTT-OUT.  That allows more flexibility in cabling,
and also the ability to disable either signal on the jack if desired by
leaving the jumper off.

2.  Jumper JP3 allows the ring of the LINE-IN jack to be either PTT-IN,
or right channel line in.  It's been pointed out that there may be
enough gain on the line-in channel to allow use directly with a
microphone, and if so, this would allow a rear-panel mic connection with
PTT.

3.  To make room for the above, instead of a 10 pin header with multiple
PTT-IN and PTT-OUT, there's now one 2 pin header for each.  Hopefully
with the increased flexibility from the other changes, that's enough.

New schematic and layouts are at
http://www.febo.com/pages/hpsdr/hermes_breakout/index.html

John

PS -- it looks so far like there's enough interest for over 20 boards.
That will certainly help bring the price down for everyone!  There's
still time to sign up if you're interested.

----