[hpsdr] Hermes J16 breakout board

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Tue Aug 6 08:58:25 PDT 2013

Hi John,

I tried to reply to your febo.com email address, and it gives me a
message as follows:

*mail.febo.com gave this error:
Service unavailable; client [66.62.165.253] blocked using psbl.surriel.com

*
Anyway, I was wondering how much it is likely to be for a board?

73,

Rob
KL7NA

On 08/03/2013 11:30 AM, John Ackermann wrote:

> Yesterday I mentioned that I was working on a breakout board to access
> the commonly-used signals on Hermes J16.  I now have a first-draft
> schematic and board layout finished -- you can take a look at
> http://www.febo.com/pages/hpsdr/hermes_breakout/index.html
>
> The board is about 1.25 x 1.5 inches and has five 3.5mm jacks
> providing access to the right speaker, headphone, line out, line in,
> and PTT_IN/PTT_OUT.  There are also holes to mount two 10 pin headers,
> one of which provides the seven open-collector outputs and related
> signals, while the other provides additional copies of the PTT_IN and
> PTT_OUT signals (in simple parallel).
>
> I'm planning to do a single run of bare boards and am willing to make
> it a group purchase.  If you're interested, contact me off-list (if
> you already got in touch with me, no need to do so again).  I'd like
> to get the order placed in the next week or so.
>
> And if anyone sees errors in the wiring, layout, or concept, please
> let me know!
>
> John

Rob Frohne, PhD, PE
Professor