[hpsdr] Testers for Alpha version of Android HPSDR application

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 21 03:24:01 PDT 2013

I have been working on porting FFTW3 and DttSP to Android and have a
basic receiver working and would like to find a couple more Alpha testers.

The requirements are that the Android device is running 4.0 or greater
with API level 14 or greater. I am particularly interested in other
devices than the Nexus 7 for testing it.  It runs well on the Nexus 7
with just a few dropped packets that are usually not very noticeable.

The current version has minimal configuration.  It only works over WiFi
(no USB support yet).  It is receive only and runs at 96k.  It does have
the following bands configured: 160, 80, 60, 40, 30 , 20, 18, 15, 12,
10, 50, WWV, AM.  It defaults to USB/LSB/AM/SAM as required but does
have a menu to change the mode.  Filters are currently fixed at 2400 for
SSB, 400 for CW and 8000 for AM.

Operation is simple, it starts in discovery mode to find all the
devices. A list is displayed and selecting one from the list starts the
receiver running. To change bands swipe up/down, to change frequency
drag left/right. To change mode select the menu option.

When exiting the receiver it saves the state for that device, on
starting it tries to reload the state, so you should be back on the same
band/frequency/mode as when you exited and all other bands should be how
they were last used.  The state is saved in separate configurations for
each device.

Audio is played out on the device and is also sent back to HPSDR for
output there as well.

I will be keeping information updated on my blog g0orx at blogspot.com
where there is also a link to a short video of it in operation.

If you are interested let me know and I will send you an invitation to
join the Google group that will allow you to download the Alpha version
from the Play Store.

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt