[hpsdr] VirtualBox Server (An Easy way to Set Up ghpsdr3-alex with HPSDR for Beginners and Windows Users)

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Tue Aug 27 16:47:17 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Juan, K4LCD, wanted help getting ghpsdr3-alex going with a VirtualBox
image to run on his Windows machine.  I wrote up several pages on the
wiki that are designed to try to make it really painless to get up and
running with Hermes, or with the ANAN transceivers from Apache Labs, and
fairly easy for the other HPSDR rigs.  I don't have on of those
available to use for testing.  It worked for me with Hermes and for Juan
with his ANAN-100D.  I think it may work with a softrock too, but I
haven't tried it.  You need a fairly powerful machine to run it in
VirtualBox.  The image file is a 2.7 GB zip file, about 7 GB uncompressed.

Here
<http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/QtRadio_Installation#VirtualBox_Easy_Installation>
is a link to the wiki page with the basic information.

73,

Rob
KL7NA

--