[hpsdr] psk31 setup problems

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 3 15:14:14 PDT 2013

Rod,
     I just downloaded and installed DigiPan 2.0 on my Win7 Pro 64 bit
machine for use with my ANAN-100D/Angelia and PowerSDR mRX-FFT v3.1.5.
Setup would be essentially identical for your Hermes.

     I Enabled VAC1 in PowerSDR and selected the corresponding input and
output in the DigiPan Configure sound card dialog.  Can decode signals
just fine.

     I used VSP manager to setup 2 virtual serial ports, com5 and com6.

      In the DigiPan, Configure, Serial Port dialog, I selected Com5 and
checked "RTS as PTT".

      In PowerSDR Setup, CAT Control tab, under PTT Control, I selected
Com6, checked "RTS" and checked "Enable PTT".

     I reduced my PowerSDR drive to 30 watts output on the ANAN-100D.

     Now I can cause PowerSDR to transmit by pressing the T/R button in
DigiPan.   It modulates the transmitter, but haven't made a QSO yet.
Need to learn more about DigiPan before I actually get on the air,

HTH,
Bill KC9XG