[hpsdr] Angelia and Hermes External Clock problem

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Tue Aug 20 07:21:48 PDT 2013

Hi Stijn,

no disagreement! I also don't know why the designer saved such a hex
inverter or similar on Hermes/Angelia. Most other hardware details and
components are a 100% copy of Mercury, Penny and Metis. On all of these
cards the same 'simple' TCXO is used to feed the FPGA with a clipped sine
signal. May be that's an issue in frequency critical applications. In that
case Mike, KF4BQ, found an appropriate solution. It seems also possible to
feed an adjusted external square wave signal directly via the SMA jack and a
short piece of thin coax to J20.

73, Helmut, DC6NY