[hpsdr] Angelia and Hermes External Clock problem

Stijn Nestra stijn at pe1rks.nl
Tue Aug 20 06:37:32 PDT 2013

Hello Helmut ea.

Indeed Atlas is a solid platform in this regards and Hermes has some
parts loaned from this system. But in the external clock circuitry some
parts have been omitted. Excalibur in the Atlas system contains except
the clock shaper also a 74ac04 buffer. This takes care of the fast
rice-times that we seem to be missing on Hermes. The second thing this
74ac04 does is: it protects the fpga input a bit against overvoltage
since the 74ac04 is powered by 3.3v and not 5v.

Sincerely,

Stijn PE1RKS