[hpsdr] Munin Capacitors

Tony Hagen prosdr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 07:04:52 PST 2013

Hi,

Yes, I will replace the caps with the recommended part #.

73s
Tony

--------------
Hi Tony,

I would be quite concerned about the ability of 1 kV disc ceramic caps to
handle the high RF currents in this part of the PA circuit.
73 de
Keith
VK5OQ

Keith Gooley
VK5OQ
ph. 08 8280 7430
m. 0435 047 306
------------------------------

Hi Tony.

Using disc ceramics in the output of a PA is not adviceable. First, they
MUST be C0G or NP0. And even very short leads are negative. So I?ll
strongly advice to use only ceramic NP0 SMD capacitors with >500V ratings.
So far, I have not had any problems with the Munin PA?s I have built and
used.

But I wrongly stated 200V rating for them in the original BOM. Sorry for
that!

Season greetings to all of the Munin builders and the rest of the
OpenHPSDR followers!

73, Kjell