[hpsdr] Alternative ways of powering up the Mercury +Atlas+ Metis

Anupam Prasad anupam at ancorlabs.org
Tue Dec 3 11:58:22 PST 2013

Dear All,

I would like to mention that the LPU DID NOT blow up while using with the
mercury rig. I am sure that many are using the LPU to power up their boards
without any problems.  I think it was caused maybe by incorrect orientation
of a tantalum capacitor. It was my mistake that I got mixed up with the
orientation. Nevertheless, I am still left no power to the board so I was
requesting for any experiences in using any other kind of SMPS/ power supply
to the board. The Pico PSU seems to be an nice option or anybody used a SMPS
supply from an old PC?

Any views and kind guidance is most welcome with thanks.

73,

Anupam Prasad (+91 7838598510)