[hpsdr] Pre-Distortion

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 07:47:26 PST 2013

Helmut and all,

Since I already have the Precision RF SMT-Pro Station Monitor and also a
0-60dB attenuator, couldn't I just connect them in series and set the
attentuation level anywhere I want it (>50dB, I mean)?

Bill

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Bruce Beford
<bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net>wrote:

> I agree.
>
> For users to properly implement the pre-distortion techniques, both
> isolation within the complete system and appropriate attenuation of the
> sampled signal will be needed. Achieving the required isolation through the
> TX chain may take special care, and possibly (probably?) modifications to
> existing T/R switching...
>
> I am glad to read updates on this exciting development work. Thanks for all
> your efforts.
>
> 73,
> Bruce N1RX

I can explain it for you, but I can't comprehend it for you.