[hpsdr] Janus as soundcard?

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Sat Feb 2 21:03:23 PST 2013

Greetings,

What seems like many years ago I used the Ozy/Janus combo with my
SDR1000 as a lab receiver. Now I have moved on to the
Ozy/Mercury/Penelope/Excalibur set and my Janus cards are getting lonely.
Was there ever anything written to use Janus as a soundcard interface? I
know it needs Ozy but I have a spare so that is not an issue.
I have a need to import high quality audio into Matlab, and while
regular soundcards work OK it would be good to use the better
performance of Janus.

I could probably fiddle it to use PowerSDR & VAC, but if it could be
made to look like a Windows soundcard I could just suck it straight into
Matlab.

Any thoughts?

73  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo