[hpsdr] Surface Mount Tutorial

dlwaddel at netzero.net dlwaddel at netzero.net
Fri Feb 8 04:29:04 PST 2013

Would someone, please, point me to a "tutorial" on how to solder in and how to remove surface mounted devices?

I'm not having any trouble with most of the components on my TAPR Hermes board, but several components completely cover their mounting pads so that I can't get my needle thin soldering iron to them to solder in the component.

Also, I'm a bit puzzled about how to determine the orientation of some of the components. There doesn't seem to be any indicator of pin 1.

Thanks,
Don
K3DLW