[hpsdr] TX monitor in "DUP" mode

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 8 12:29:03 PST 2013

WOW,
It works great, cursor gives exact numbers so simple subtraction to measure IMD.
This is so cool. I'm using an old Narda 1GHz to 2GHz coupler and some pads to
reduce the level back to the RX. It just takes one additional relay to route the RX
to the coupler in TX. No additional control signals. It becomes very easy to monitor
the TX signal and see when distortion comes out of the noise floor. I just measured my
300 watt strip at -31dBc at 300W PEP. (same number on the HP141) Normal voice I had to hit it pretty hard to see
distortion. No more waiting for the old HP141 to warm up and tune to operating frequency.
Frank  WA1GFZ