[hpsdr] Tapr hombrew hermes need corrections for new

dlwaddel at netzero.net dlwaddel at netzero.net
Fri Feb 22 16:38:21 PST 2013

Just a bit more on the Hermes building. I thought I was clear on a couple of points that seem to not be clear to the others. I do that a lot these days!

C70 is on the schematic, but the pdf search tool will not find it. It is overlaying the value of 1nf. Search for C103. C70 is right beside it.

For C228, it is connected to R34 and pin 5 of U7 on the board. A pdf search of the schematic for R34 takes you right to the junction of R34, U7 pin 5, and a capacitor labeled C77. This C77 corresponds to C228 on the board. A pdf search for C77 will uncover two instances of C77.

For C229, a similar story unfolds. A pdf search for R33 to which C229 is connected on the board (pin 3 of U7), shows the capacitor is labeled as C37, not C229. A pdf search for C37 uncovers only this one instance. A search for 33pF, which is the value of C37 on the BOM, shows nothing either. I'm still looking for a C37 on the board.

BTW, I think I got the last TAPR board. Right after I received confirmation of my order, the Hermes board went not available on the TAPR web site.

I'm well along on assembly. Looks like I need to go back and check fuses and remove some 0 Ohm resistors I installed without checking the schematic first. Grrrr!

Don
K3DLW