[hpsdr] Using Mercury to monitor final amplifier transmit signal

Tom Cathey K1JJ at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 21:03:11 PST 2013

Joe and Phil,

I tried to disable the signal displayed by Mercury when Penny is
transmitting.  It is always there, even when I remove the ant BNC plug off
the back of Merc's board.  It appears to be coming in from somewhere else,
like thru the board connector.

Is this the way it should be?  Or am I toggled on for the duplex mode
without realizing it?  How is the duplex mode enabled?

Bottom line is, with or without an antenna or even a connector on the ant
input to the Merc, when Penny is transmitting,  Penny's signal is strong and
stable on the Merc pan display. This is with no external amplifier
connected. I would like to see this low level signal disappear so that I can
then inject some external sampled RF from the amplifier into Merc's ant
input.

What am I missing?

Tom, k1JJ