[hpsdr] Using Mercury to monitor final amplifier transmit signal

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Thu Feb 7 21:26:45 PST 2013

Tom,

I'm away from a radio at the moment and can't immediately answer your
question about how to set up for duplex (perhaps someone else will help with
that).  However, it sounds like what you're seeing is the normal transmit
display, not a display coming back through Mercury.  For this transmit
display, samples are pulled near the end of the DSP chain in the computer,
an FFT is performed, and the results displayed.  No RF is involved in this
process.

Yes, you can monitor the signal from your amplifier.  Again, perhaps someone
by their radio can describe the duplex setup.

73,
Warren  NR0V