[hpsdr] Using Mercury to monitor final amplifier transmit signal

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Feb 7 22:02:04 PST 2013

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the confusion.  To run DUPLEX mode with PowerSDR you need to run Doug W5WC’s RX1 version of PowerSDR v2.2 (11/24/12).  It has a “DUP” button on the front panel that the RX2 version does not have.

When you transmit with the DUP button active your panadapter display shows the Rx spectrum during transmit as well as during receive.  By tuning your Mercury Rx freq to your Tx freq you may monitor the frequency on which you are transmitting.  This displayed signal is the signal that arrives at the BNC input connector on Mercury when running in DUP mode.

Works here.

Maybe this info helps?

73,  Joe K5SO