[hpsdr] Using Mercury to monitor final amplifier transmit signal

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Feb 10 08:24:50 PST 2013

…of course, if distortion/cleanliness of the Tx signal is what you’re wanting to see, not simply avoiding damage to the Rx board,  you should make sure the level into the Rx is low enough to ensure that the ADC does not over range.  20 dB over S-9 on the receiver meter is about -50 dBm, which is a good level to use I think, with plenty of dynamic range for most things.

73,  Joe K5SO