[hpsdr] New Metis and Hermes code.

John radio at mediacombb.net
Mon Feb 18 10:52:59 PST 2013

Hi Phil,

I may have temporarily excommunicated myself from Hermes by improperly
using the new programmer. What should I do to reprogram my Hermes with
the new programmer (v 2.0.3.0)?  No jumpers have been changed on Hermes.

I think the problem is just in my procedure and not the hardware.  I
successfully upgraded the firmware once before with the earlier
programmer. When I first tried today I was able to discover the device
information (which I wrote down).  Then I tried to program the chip, but
I realized I had not downloaded the firmware yet (Just the new OpenHPSR
program), so I shut down the programmer and downloaded the new firmware
to a directory on my PC.

With everything back up, I tried again.  The program indicated it was
erasing the chip, but couln't go farther.  I shut down the programmer
and recycled the power to Hermes again and tried again, but it still
didn't work.  I then tried the old version of OpenHPSDR and but it did
not read the discovery type info from Hermes.  So I shut down OpenHPSDR.

I then tried various combinations, but was unable to get Hermes to work.

What does seem to me to work is that after about a minute the PC shows
the Ethernet connection speed is 100.0 Mbps, so it perhaps the PC finds
Hermes.

Also, I'm not clear what address I should use to program the Hermes IP
address.  There seem to be two, one for the Ethernet at the PC and one
for Hermes itself.  I just want to start Hermes more quickly (so the PC
won't have to spent so long finding it) and upgrade the firmware.

Can you tell me how I should start over?

73,  John WoGN