[hpsdr] New Metis and Hermes code.

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Mon Feb 18 13:32:43 PST 2013

Hi John,
you probably wrote over the first megabyte of the EEPROM that contains
the "Bootloader" code (the .pof file). The upper megabyte of the EEPROM
contains the FPGA firmware code (the .rbf file).
=====================================
It is very easy now to fix both problems if you take a little care.
Download the Bootloader *AND* the bootloader.pof file that goes with it.
Execute that code and see if it reaches the rig. If it does not, then
you will need to back up one step and use a ByteBlaster deice (USB to P2
on the Hermes board) to accomplish the bootloader operation.
=====================================
Second, download and install HPSDRProgrammer and the associated .rbf
file that goes with it. Run the program and it will discover the Hermes
board (with a bootloader properly installed) and then successfully load
the upper 1MB of the EEPROM. Let the IP address DEFAULT TO WHATEVER DHCP
address you have available from your router. I assume you have a DHCP
server in your router(?).
=====================================
This is a video that I made for Hank K9LZJ may help you figure it out;
http://www.screencast.com/t/0itauOkDzd3
=====================================
This is the Hermes manual that Phil skillfully edited and created:

=====================================
Here is the Bootloader manual that I tried to write:
http://www.n9vv.com/Images/Apache-Labs/ByteBlaster-Instructions.pdf

Keep those questions coming. I am sure we can help you get back on
the air in just a few minutes.

You can call me on Skype-ID "Apache-Labs" if I can help you over the
phone, the direct phone number is 1-630-445-1194. This is a service that
Apache Labs is pleased to provide to the OpenHPSDR community.
BK de Ken N9VV
Skype ID "Apache-Labs"
[-GMT -5]