[hpsdr] New Metis and Hermes code.

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Feb 18 20:06:24 PST 2013

Hi John,

The only possible issue with using an APIPA IP address is that sometimes
the PC operation system can take quite a while to assign one to the PC. My
PC using Windows 8 can take > 20 seconds from power on.

In which case if you set a fixed IP address to Hermes AND the network card
you will avoid this delay.

You can always reset the Hermes IP address when you need to use it at the
club.

73 Phil...VK6APH