[hpsdr] [OT] overwhelmed by Android tablets

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:55:49 PST 2013

Yea.  If you stick to the Google tablets/cell-phones they are usually supported with the latest-latest OS upgrades for a couple of years.  They get the upgrades before anyone else too 'cuz they don't have to add their branding and extra layers of software on top of it like the other companies tend to do.

My Nexus 4 (cell-phone) just got an OS update last week to the latest-latest, not that it was behind prior to that (it was a very minor update).

My tablet (Unfortunately not a Nexus 7 or 10) may not get an upgrade to the latest Android.  Ever.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Usage Pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/usage.html