[hpsdr] SVN Migration

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Jan 11 06:02:45 PST 2013

TAPR purchases a hosted server at a commercial datacenter to provide all of our various services such as mailing lists, web sites, ftp server and the svn server.  That server has recently become rather loaded up and we have encountered some capacity issues.  In order to alleviate this, we've purchased an upgraded server at our hosting provider.  We're also taking this opportunity to do some remodeling and upgrade the OS we are using on the server.  The upshot of this is that the tapr.org services, including svn.tapr.org, should become faster and more reliable.

We are pretty much done setting up the new server and we are quickly approaching the date where we will need to cut over to it.  This should be transparent to most users except for the fact that the IP address of svn.tapr.org will change.  We have dialed down the TTL on our DNS records so that the transition should be fairly quick, but we can't guarantee that your cache will expire entirely correctly.  I will inform the list when we have the date of the cutover finalized.  When we do so, if you have issues, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks to everyone for their understanding and cooperation.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Vice President/Director
nh6z at nh6z.net