[hpsdr] LibUsb driver problem

Johan Maas pa3gsb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:31:12 PST 2013

George

I removed the drivers by uninstalling the driver from device manager.

In c:\windows\syswow64  , c:\windows\system32
, c:\windows\system32\drivers all the libusb dll or sys files were removed.

Using the wizard to create an inf file. The created 3 files placed in a
subdirectory of the directory which conatains the unzipped files from
openhpsdr

Plugging in Ozy... in device managment i installed the driver by selecting
the directory of the unzipped downloaded file.

After installation:

c:\windows\syswow64 -> libusb0.dll  version 0.1.12.2
c:\windows\system32 -> libusb0.dll version 0.1.12.2
c:\windows\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys version 0.1.12.2

As you explained i am missing 'Also, you should have libusb0_x64.sys on
your system and NOT libusb0.sys'

What is wrong in my way procedure?  Can i copy the x64.sys file into the
drivers directory myself?

73 Johan PA3GSB