[hpsdr] IMD in Ham transmitters

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Sun Jan 20 00:27:34 PST 2013

Hi guys,

first of all you have to know at least the -1 dB compression point of your
amp, better the transmission characteristic. Makes no sense to measure in
the area of saturated power. This defines your max. PEP-power. With 2 tones
this level is already achieved with -6 dB power per tone. This has nothing
to do with the distance to the IM products. They are defined as distance in
dBc relative to the two tone levels.

73, Helmut