[hpsdr] KISS Konsole v 1.1.26: support Metis firmware 2.4

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Sun Jan 20 11:42:24 PST 2013

On 1/20/2013 9:59 AM, George Byrkit wrote:

> I've just updated all the KISS Konsole stuff, in my branch and in 'StableRelease', to Kiss
> Konsole V1.1.26, which supports Metis firmware V2.4 as part of the known list of firmware
> combinations.  No change in Mercury or Penelope/PennyLane firmware goes with this Metis
> change.

I used to use Kiss Konsole mostly for the wide spectrum display, but
more recently have been using PowerSDR W5WC v2.2.8 for the dual rx and
transverter support.
I updated KK via svn and it shows v1.1.26, but it won't run. The START
light will come on but nothing else is happening, and the
Start/Configuration form shows V0 for Code Version, Mercury and Penelope.
If I go into the KK directory and run initozy11.bat, then try to start
KK I get the error box saying I have incompatible firmware.
Need: Ozy 21/ Penny 1.6/ Merc 31
Have: Ozy 21/ Penny 17/ Merc 33

Now if I go back to PSDR I have to run its version of initozy11.bat so
that I have Ozy 24/ Penny 17/ Merc 33.

I haven't tried going back to the older version of KK.

I could reload the older firmware to the boards, but I don't wish to do
that every time I switch between applications.

Is this SOP, or am I missing something obvious?

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo