[hpsdr] KISS Konsole v 1.1.26: support Metis firmware 2.4

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Mon Jan 21 09:45:10 PST 2013

On 1/21/2013 6:30 AM, George Byrkit wrote:

> Dear Alf,
> Yes, that's the trick!  I missed that yesterday.  I should have advised you to check the
> settings in InitOzy11.bat, as anyone should, to ensure that it's going to use the versions
> that you want it to use.  KISS still has Ozy 21 as the default.  If you want to use
> earlier or later, you need to edit InitOzy11.bat yourself.
>
> It's SO hard to know what to set it at!  There are those who are more conservative and use
> older versions of Ozy, there are those who are brave and use newer versions.  It's a
> problem if I make any change.  It's a problem if I don't make a change.
>
> Happy that things are working for you now!

Hello George,

I can see how hard it is to keep track of all the different flavors.
Your comments helped to winnow down the possibilities.
I've been out of the loop for a long while, so I expect I have missed
some key discussions.
The only oddity I see now is the OZY Host Assisted Firmware Load shows a
driver version of 0.1.12.1 but the file versions are 0.1.12.2.
Everything seems to be peachy, so it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Next step is to hook it up to my laptop running W7/64 ( the lab boxes
are XP/32 SP3 ). I've had a couple of other applications go squirrely
with the change, but I'm starting from a known good base now.

Thanks again for your help.

73  Alf  NU8I