[hpsdr] Mercury Problem

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Jan 27 16:19:45 PST 2013

Hi Stephen,

As you probably know, the diagnostic LEDs on Mercury are arranged as follows; these will have the following “normal” powered-up indication before any PC program is run; that is, after a fresh power up of the Mercury board before any PC program is run:

D3 = DONE_LED = ON
D4 = DEBUG_LED7 = OFF
D5 = DEBUG_LED6 = OFF
D6 = DEBUG_LED5 = ON
D7 = DEBUG_LED4 = ON
D8 = DEBUG _LED3 = FLASHING
D9 = DEBUG_LED2 = FLASHING
D10 = DEBUG_LED1 = OFF
D11 = DEBUG_LED0 = OFF

If your clock is bad (or, for example, if jumper JP9 is missing or there is no jumper on CLKSEL) then only D3 = DONE_LED will be ON; all the others I mentioned will be OFF.

73,  Joe K5SO