[hpsdr] Mercury Problem

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Jan 27 16:31:51 PST 2013

Hi Stephen,

As with any hardware troubleshooting effort the first step in sorting out a trouble on a freshly built board is to verify by measurement with a voltmeter that all of the supply voltages on the board are present and correct.  If they are, then a very careful examination of the pins on the chips (especially the FPGA) using a magnifying glass is in order; it’s SO easy to create shorted pins when soldering the components on the board, especially on the FPGA.

If you have already completed these steps then you can begin a detailed troubleshooting of the board functionality.

73,  Joe K5SO