[hpsdr] Latency how much is too much?

john clark n0ure at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 19:50:28 PDT 2013

I hear that work is going well with the Ethernet Gig  interface.
I'm getting ready and purchase a new computer:
i7 3930k 3.2 Ghz  16GB ram.

I used the DPC Latency Checker V 1.3.0 and it shows that my Motherboard Ethernet latency of 3413 us, far above all the other devices.
I check and I do have the current drivers.

Will this level of Latency can cause me problems?
What is a good number?

Should I purchase a PCI3 card that is better? Or maybe a USB3-Ethernet dongle?

Motherboard is ASUS P9X79 LE Ethernet  Realtek PCIe GBE family driver 7.61 6/12/2012

John