[hpsdr] Win 7 64bit and VAC???

John radio at mediacombb.net
Thu Jul 18 17:27:32 PDT 2013

Hello,

After much trying I was able to get my Hermes/JT65-HF  running with
Windows XP with VAC last winter.   My PC was too slow to run JT65 so the
decodes were usually about 10-15 seconds too late.

Now I'm putting together a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC and trying to get it
running with VAC on my Hermes.  I have set up two cables to hook Hermes
to JT65-HF, but it seems to me Windows keeps changing my set ups.
At one point I was able to receive and decode OK, but no audio to
transmit.  Somehow I have even lost that.

Does anyone have experience with Win7 64bit hooked to JT65-HF with VAC?

One problem area seems to be the settings of the sound devices in Windows.

73,

John   WoGN