[hpsdr] Page 37 of the ANAN-10 Users guide shows proper pinout

Ken N9VV (Win-7/64) n9vv at wowway.com
Wed Jul 31 16:56:26 PDT 2013

Hi I have limited email and wanted to get this message
to John Ackermann and Dave Wilson.

Bill KC9XG and I worked for over a week to get the proper pinout of J16
for the standard IDC ribbon cable. We finally created a nice table on
Page 37 of the ANAN-10 Users Guide that shows exactly where each
output/input is located. [unfortunately, the IDC pin designations were
not used on the Hermes PCB].

I placed the guide on my webserver:
http://www.n9vv.com/ANAN-10-Users-Guide.pdf

I hope it helps sort out the speaker out lines.

On the standard Hermes board used in the ANAN-10, there is this note:
"NOTE: The speaker jack contains the Left Channel speaker pair. The
Right Channel speaker pair is on pin 12 and Pin 13. These are balanced
outputs."  -- there was a warning in the document not to ground either
of those pairs or damage could occur to an Op-Amp.

Note: a surprise to me was that there is no "balanced MIC input"
but only a *RIGHT* channel line-level input. Left line-in
was not implemented for those using Audio Racks.

Perhaps Bill KC9XG can also help you clarify if there is a specific
polarity associated with the balanced speaker output. I do not recall
seeing that on the schematic.

GL de Ken N9VV