[hpsdr] Hermes Monitor Volume mRX

Nige G7CNF g7cnf.nige at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 02:29:14 PDT 2013

Helmut.

The AF is taken from the speaker outputs on the ANAN, one via 3.5mm jack
the other via the IDC breakout. The master AF controls the output but
set on its lowest setting of 1 the output is painfully loud and not
usable. Regrettably the RX1 AF and RX2 AF are incorrectly linked to the
VAC RX gain and screw up the audio levels if adjusted thus the only
control is via Master AF.

It was mentioned by another person a couple of weeks ago that the VAC RX
gain is linked to the RX1 AF level when these functions should be
independent of each other. I believe the only solution to the OP is to
add attenuation to the monitor function.

73

Nige.