[hpsdr] Hermes Monitor Volume mRX

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Mon Jul 29 03:53:42 PDT 2013

Nige,

ok, I understand. I'm using the headphone outputs (RHP/LHP OUT) directly
connected to the codec TLV320 without any issue. That means, I can control
the MON AF by means of the Master glider down to mute. The reason is that
this output is controlled by an 6 to -73 dB 1dB step on-board attenuator.
This control devise seems to be used by P*SDR. The AF power amp feeding a
speaker is also driven by the codec TLV320, but this step attenuator is not
involved into signal path.
I assume normal RX AF volume control of the internal speaker amp is ok (hi),
so that the MON AF control should be done in a similar manner.

Perhaps Doug, W5WC, can reflect on your spot.

73, Helmut, DC6NY