[hpsdr] Advantages/Disadvantages of Pin diode switching?

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Mon Jun 3 00:34:20 PDT 2013

Hi John.

I see you mention Apollo in your mail. The first version had bot as
options but the result with the diode switch is so good that the layout
with a relay was dropped.

The signal loss in a diode switch is a bit higher than in a relay, around
0,5-1 dB. That is both in TX and RX.

By the way, it seems as there is no need to use PIN diodes, 1N7000
variants works as well at this power level. S1M is used by Elecraft for RX
path and 1N5408 in the TX path in their 500W PA! But at this power level,
you must use high voltage to block for the RF, at 10 W, 12 V is enough.

And if you are a CW man, the QSK is fantastic!

73, Kjell

På Mon, 03 Jun 2013 08:07:53 +0200, skrev John Marvin

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/